Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More Growing Up

After I posted that link I realized that, as the Library Elf (thanks, Hannah!) had informed me over the weekend, that I had library books to renew, so I logged on to the library site and quickly renewed the books. Chase meanwhile had wandered into the living room, where the kids were watching a movie for quiet time - and where I presumed he wouldn't get into any trouble for thirty seconds. But when I went to get him, he was, to my great surprise, sitting in one of the captain's chairs at the dining room table. I was surprised both because he had not previously been able to get up on any of the chairs, as well as because the chair was so close to the table there was no way he could have climbed into it. I took him out and put him on the ground, wondering aloud how he did it. At that, he proceeded to show me, climbing up another chair, clambering from there onto the table, and walking to the end of the table toward the chair he had been sitting in, and in which he would have climbed down into if I hadn't recovered from my astonishment and picked him up again. I was laughing, but more a little alarmed that he can now climb to such heights!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Thomas is in the climbing phase too. I have to keep watching him from getting up on the table. He even climbed from his high chair onto the counter the other morning!