Wednesday, May 14, 2008

How They've Grown!

Remember those tiny pink rabbit babies I showed you on a recent post? Well, here they are several weeks later:

We had an adventure with the darker gray one yesterday: the kids had been holding it, along with its mother and littermate, and then had assured me they had closed everything up when they were done. A couple hours later, however, they came running inside shouting that there was a baby rabbit on the loose. Sure enough, I went outside to see that every once in awhile, that little bunny was hopping out from under the barn, then dashing back underneath whenever anyone ventured near. I resisted the impulse to tell them that they should have been more careful closing up the cage, and after some patient waiting with a net, I caught the escapee and put him back in his casge, discovering as I did so that he had escaped through the hole made for the feeder - the feeder I had removed and hadn't put back on. Good thing I hadn't blamed the kids!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Awww .. those are adorable! The story reminds me of Curious George Flies a Kite (which I have NOT introduced to the girls, since Ian asked for it over and over when he was two, and it is SO long!) :-)

Anonymous said...

that is just about the cutest picture i have ever seen