Monday, July 7, 2008

Question

I mentioned in a previous post a "dramatic swing of the pendulum" concerning my parents. I won't go into any details - indeed, I know so few myself - but suffice it to say that they are renewing their vows in a couple of weeks. They're having a dinner and informal ceremony, to which we're all invited, and it has occurred to me that a gift would probably be appropriate on such an occassion. I am not very talented at gift selection, I must admit, and even less so now, when I can't fathom what in the world to give my parents for this celebration. Any ideas on what to bestow on one's parents, long married but recently, and suddenly, coming to the surface again after a tumultuous 17 months of separation? There is no adequate name for this kind of thing! :-)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow wow wow. I'm dying of curiosity, but I do respect your privacy and mostly I"m just so happy and thankful for you and your family! It's rare that a story "ends" this way. Thank the Lord.

I'm thinking something sentimental. Could you make a slideshow of family photos and present it to them at the vow-renewal? Get a professional photo done of your kids and their cousins? Type out a relevant Bible verse on pretty paper in a pretty font and frame it for them?

Jenny said...

Oh, wow...no idea on the gift...lol...that isn't exactly the type of occasion Hallmark makes cards for...