Sunday, July 6, 2008

Camp

Aimee is off to camp this afternoon - indeed, on her way now, as Dave is driving her and some of the other kids from church on the 2 1/2 hour trek. Drew is tagging along for the ride, and I am here with the little boys, contemplating a week without Her Highness. :-) She and I spent all yesterday afternoon packing for her week, and she was incredibly eager to be off. Last year I heard that she had a short bout of homesicknesses toward the end of the week; I wonder if she'll even have that this year! I went to the same camp, although I was several years older when I began attending, and it was definitely one of the highlights of my youth. I imagine it will be only more so for the infinitely more outgoing Aimee.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Wow, that's great! I can't wait until Ian can go to camp. Sleepaway camp is one of my favorite childhood memories. Will she be alone there, or with people she already knows? That's a big step! What kind of camp is it?
(So nosy, I know!)
We wanna know more!
Enjoy your quieter week ...