Thursday, April 10, 2008

Keeping the Flame Alive

I finally called Dave late yesterday afternoon and asked him more pointedly to come home instead of going fishing, and he agreed, without any apparent resentment. Sometimes we do have our miscommunications and disagreements, but he is a great guy, and I do love him. Here are some other moments of marital bliss I've been meaning to post:

A few weeks ago, when he was still taking his class, he came home from work, took a shower, then came out to watch the kids while I showered quickly before he had to leave for his class. I turned the water on, hopped in, and was greeted by a cute love note on the shower wall - written in blue bath crayon! - telling me how wonderful I was.


When going on a much-needed store run a couple days ago he remembered and honored my anti-Nestle sentiments and skipped over Juicy Juice boxes for another brand, even though the former were on sale. I don't think he knows much about the whys and wherefores of the Nestle boycott himself, but he was such a dear to honor it for me. He's so good about giving a nod to most of my concerns and passions, buying organic dirt for my garden and quietly submitting to my no-MSG campaign (even though I know he's sacrificing some familiar tastes!). :-)

AND - he fixed our online banking problem himself! I had spent most of Monday morning trying to work out the problem with the bank, who finally told me it was just going to take 3-5 more days, but then he came up with a very simple solution that now has everything up and running. Hooray for Dave!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Now this is an idea *I* need to borrow from your blog. :)