Monday, November 5, 2007

Homeless :-)

Last Tuesday we closed on our house in Gray Court house (not without some very interesting twists, though - all that worked in our favor), Friday I left with the kids to bring them up to my Mom's, and last night Dave left with the truck and all the animals, so that chapter in our lives in closed! Because we have not yet closed on the house in Lexington, and indeed have not yet even been cleared to close, that does mean we are quite homeless today, and it's an odd feeling. I'm not sure of God's plan in this, and I confess am a little confused because I had thought all along that He was answering my prayer to be able to ride up to the conference with my friends, which didn't happen. That's a small thing, I know, but there are some bigger problems with this delay, too; namely, that Dave literally had to take all our animals to the at his office last night, and so they are all literally at work with him today! That will only work for a very short time, as anyone could imagine, so we are praying that the Lord will open the final door for our move soon. And we are learning to trust him more completely and to be content in the meantime.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh, wow, I hope everything works out quickly!

We may be able to help with some of your animals...give me a call.

Anonymous said...

well i know it doesn't help, but i'm having fun with dave around...it's kinda cool. except the cats. i like them, but tobias is very angry about them being in his house. but he'll get over it, i just have to very thoroughly clean the guest bedroom after they leave.
anyhow, anything you need just let me know!