Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Refreshment

Well, we've had some restless moments this week when we all felt like we just wanted to be in a home of our own again, when I have felt like I couldn't stand another minute of uncertainty, or when the the kids have undoubtedly wondered if we are actually ever going to move ("soon" starts to lose its meaning after awhile!) - but I was just thinking tonight how we've really had a restful and refreshing several days here at my Mom's. No boxes, no pointless cleaning, no bored and destructive kids, and no super-stressed-out mommy! We are scheduled (again) to close tomorrow afternoon, and I'll have to deal with the boxes again, although things are a little better on the flip side, so this almost week-long break has been a blessing. The conference over the weekend was great, the time with my mom overall has been wonderful, and today we went to see some very good friends, enjoying a fantastic day with them. Lisa has been a close friend of mine for - dare I say it - almost twenty years, and our children have grown up loving each other as well. Our friendship with their family is almost seamless, so that no matter how many months have passed since the last time we've seen each other, the kids can resume playing as if they had never been parted, and that shows, I think, how close their relationships are on a very deep level. That's a priceless gift, and one that transcends all this silly business about real estate. :-)
So tonight, I do not have an address. (On the other hand, I'm also free of a huge chunk of debt!) Things have been so crazy with this move that I can't say anything for certain, and I'm a little cautious about being too excited over the scheduled closing tomorrow. But I've had bodily rest, some deep soul-rest, and have spent good times with people I love - and my kids, too, have had some carefree days and better sleep. God has been good and has worked out details we didn't know we needed working out, giving us gifts we didn't know we needed, and teaching us how to rest in Him. A good week, and a great God!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smile/sigh! God is good at refreshment! Glad things are on the up and up.
Courtney

Hannah said...

Anne, so glad you are getting a Sabbath! Enjoy the rest, inside and out. Sounds like He is your real home right now!

Jenny said...

Sounds like you really needed the break! I hope the closing went as planned and you're getting settled in now. :)

Tracee said...

Glad you got a good rest and I hope things are still working out well. :)