Monday, November 26, 2007

The Other Side of the Moon

...which is where it feels we've been these last two weeks! But here we are at last, and words really fail me. I praise the Lord for this time, and am so thankful for everyone's prayers and encouragement, but I'm also SO glad I don't have to talk about the house anymore!!!!! It was a wild ride to the very last possible minute (and even beyond, I discovered), and I have just gotten past feeling like I still have to look over my shoulder for someone coming to throw a wrench in the works. Ah, we're here, and I do love it. Unfortunately, Dave had to go out of town for a week just a couple days after we moved, and that was truly horrible (yes, I should have asked for some help, and I don't know why I'm so bad at that - I guess I'm out of practice!). The kids were like something off Supernanny, and in fact early in that week, Drew threw something at Aimee while they were fighting and hit the back of her head hard enough to require a trip to the doctor and one staple. Yikes! It was really uncharacteristic of Drew and he was very sorry later. The staple itself has turned into a nightmare, however. Aimee was upset about it having to come out, and trying to get it out at the doctor's office was so traumatic she woke up the next morning with burst blood vessels in one eye and in her face. It had ben an absolutely horrible experience, and while I'm not sure exactly what I should have done, in the week since I have really regretted not having been a better advocate for Aimee, and all the more so when I noticed a couple days later that the staple was still there. There's no way I'm taking her back to that office, but the staple has to come out, so my mom (a nurse) is coming tomorrow to try to remove it. So anyone reading tonight can pray for Aimee and that little staple.
There's just simply too much to say! I could never get it all down, but maybe I'll work on catching up now that we're back online. For now. though, I'm going to retire after a really exhausting day - a virus manifesting fever and aches has taken its turn through the kids, and today was Ryan's day. He's still feverish now and waking right this minute, so I'm off!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new home! And I hope that staple came out with minimal trauma.

Jenny said...

Yay! You made it!

When we're over our pink eye and you guys are over your fevers, we're going to have to get together. :)