Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Correct quote

The correct quote is "There never was child so lovely; but his mother was glad to get him asleep." I actually have that written down in a journal somewhere; I was just too tired last night to get up and find it. So thanks for providing it, Rebecca! :-) And, no, I am never up in the wee hours of the morning (and if I am for some reason, I'm not at the computer!). I usually check e-mail and post before the kids get up in the morning, during their quiet time, or just after I get them to bed. The compter is by a window that overlooks the backyard, so occasionally I'll sit down to type or look things up when the older ones are outside playing and the baby needs to nurse. At any rate, I'm not here in the middle of the night, neither am I neglecting my kids (just my laundry, most likely!).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne! I had meant to comment before now. I'm sorry things are so rough lately. I've been there. Your kids were my kids almost exact ages when David got deployed to Cuba for a year. (Only add in getting pregnant with the 5th one when the 4th was only 4 months old!) Minus the sensory issues, I know exactly what you are going through.
Here's just some thoughts-Maybe sit down with Aimee and explain that this is just life right now. She has 3 demanding little brothers and God is using that in her life (and yours). You will do what you can to make (and use) a schedule, but it is impossbile to stick to it every minute. She will have to understand that and meet you half way.
I have heard countless (!) stories about homeschooing during hardships and trust me God knows what is going on in your life right now. I would encourage you to back off somewhat from strong "academic" things at this point to incorporate things that would include the boys and Aimee together. You can still make a schedule for things like read alouds, simple games and experiments, cooking and nature study. You could all sit in the floor with math manipulatives but give Aimee harder tasks. You will have plenty of time to catch up on any missed academics later (really!) when the kids are a little older.
Honestly, when you're in the thick of the kids younger years it is just flat out going to be hard, but cling to God and pray about every little thing- He really does care that the baby got into the fridge when you were changing laundry and smeared ketchup all over the white kitchen floor! I'll be praying for you and also about the housing and moving situation. Also, sometimes when my kids are being particularly difficult, it's because they are having a "Mom's attention deficit". So, I try to spend a little extra time with them doing something special. I know, easier said than done! Just a few thoughts. Hope this helps.
Courtney