Monday, July 9, 2007

Camp

Aimee went to camp for the first time yesterday, and all day I was driving Dave crazy by wondering what she was doing at any given time. Of course, that night, he began wondering the same thing, especially if she was doing okay settling down to sleep. I hope she so, and I hope she's having a great time this morning. She needs some fun and friends, without, as my sister joked, her mom and 'a piece of paper telling her what to do.' My penchant for ordering and listing everything is a heavy (but inescapable) burden sometimes even for me - it probably does weigh on Aimee, too. At any rate, I hope camp is a good escape for her and that when she gets back we'll all be recharged enough to start some school again next week. Yes, I have this funny notion that we're going to begin school in just a few days. There's a voice telling me that trying to do this while we are trying to sell a house - and while we have just barely recovered from the stresses of the last school year - is ridiculous...but I'm not listening. More compelling is that fact that I have planned this year-round schedule and must follow the plan. The most flexibility I can allow is that we will begin slowly, with just the basic subjects, and then rev things up to full speed in August. So in a couple weeks when I am tearing my hair out....but no, it won't do any good to remind me of anything! As a woman and a mother it is my lot to stretch and challenge myself to all possible limits, and there is no escaping that. :-)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Oh, wow, I hope Aimee is having a great time! Good luck on selling the house...you know I have BTDT and it's stressful. It will be worth it when you're closer to Dave's job. I'd really like to get together with you guys now that I'm not working and my kids are out of school!