Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Item of Interest for the O'Rourkes - but Sad

Sophie, the ruluctant immigrant from my parents house, died yesterday. She had deteriorated rapidly, and I just made up my mind to take her to the vet as soon as I could when Dave discovered her last night. I feel sorry about that, but she was a pretty good age, and I imagine the transplant was just too much for her. At least I hope that's what it was, anyway. I really don't want our other cats dropping dead from some disease (although it's my opinion that because I allowed them to wean off their mother's milk naturally, which meant a matter of months rather than weeks, they have superior immune systems - and yes, I'm entirely serious!). That's the only part about having so many animals that I really don't like, of course, and usually around here they don't just die neatly, but there's always some added drama. Even when a neighbor's cat was hit a few months ago, we had to experience way more of it than we wanted, when Daisy got out and promptly brought it (totally flattened, mind you!) back in our yard, which the boys thought was hysterical. So the kids have been toughened up in this area, and at least that helps when something expires now. The boys even help with the burials. :-)

No comments: