Monday, August 6, 2007

Some ramblings

A busy week, a busy weekend...Dave worked late a couple nights in the week, and we had to get the house ready for a showing yesterday, so we were all pretty tired today. It was good to get some rest, but I'm feeling behind on things. Hopefully the week will start pleasantly anyway tomorrow. That's really uninteresting, but I don't have much to say. I've just been going around in circles lately! Chase, however, has been scooting around and even crawling a little, and today, he pushed himself up into a sitting position with no help whatsoever, and that was pretty exciting! Funny how we think anything less than the riveted attention and constant encouragement we gave baby #1 is neglectful, when really those subsequent babies often seem just as happy to figure things out on their own. :-) Chase is so much fun to play with, though, and I love catching moments to win his sparkling smile and watch him learn.
And Aimee had a nice compliment today - her Sunday school teacher took me aside as Aimee was gathering her things to leave and told me that she was so impressed with how smart Aimee was and with her "caring heart." I shouldn't take any pride in that, but it was an affirming thing to hear as a mother.
As for the boys in the middle, well, they filled the afternoon with Star Wars battles, Yoda impressions, and general havoc - fun as usual!
I've thought about taking up running again, getting up before Dave leaves for work, which means I would need to go to bed now and prepare to wake up at 5...more likely I'll miss that and should therefore just prepare to tackle the laundry beast and the usual...everything...so as I do so:

"The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I didn't realize your boys were into Star Wars! We MUST get them together with Henry, he's a total Star Wars fanatic!!