Friday, October 12, 2007

The Making of Beds

Regarding making beds...I want to stress that it's important to me in my house. Other people's unmade beds don't bother me, and actually I feel a sense of relief at knowing this is something people commonly leave undone. :-) Can I "let go" and leave them unmade here? Well, I have this week; I have, in fact, totally let everything in the house go. I had a major meltdown Wednesday evening (when Dave arrived home very late from work and I was stressing about whether our home loan would go through and if it did, how I was going to pack when I couldn't even get the beds made, etc. etc.) Since then I have just let everything fall where it will, and Dave has been the only one to wash any dishes. However, I have recovered, and while I have deemed it theraputic to let everything go for a time, I have now decided that time is up. I am putting everything back together today, and revelling in the feeling of warm soapy water cleaning dishes and the sound of the vacuum eliminating the accumulated dirt around the house (and the kids are helping a little, as they are usually good at doing). We've tucked in nuggets of formal education here and there, and I am feeling altogether less a failure and much less panicked about the house thing. I'm going to the LLL of NC Conference the first weekend of November, and ever since I decided to go, I've been praying that the Lord would allow us to be in Lexington so that I can ride up with my friends there. We are scheduled to close the week before, so I think I can continue to trust him for that, however He wants to work it out.
On a random note...I was putting the boys to bed last night, and I heard the funnniest Bible story! I was telling them a story myself, but Ryan soon interjected, "And, and, and GOD...God went into the water, and there was a shark....and the shark ATE God....and the shark went to the land, and Ptooey!...he spit God out." "What?" I said, laughing. "Where did you hear that?" Drew told me that Ptooey was a part of Daddy's retelling of Jonah, so I gathered that this was Ryan's rendition of the story. Even more dramatic than the original!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

LOVE the Word Through the Prophet Ryan! LOL!!

And I totally hear about the meltdowns and wanting to just let it all go. It's only fear of what would accumulate in just two days that keeps me from completely throwing the towel these days!

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about your meltdown...I have had a few too many of those over the years...

LMK if/when/how I can help with the move, OK?