Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What Was That?

Having answered some of my own questions from my last post, I decided to back off of Drew a little, and I read him math questions yesterday, just letting him answer them orally, no pencil and paper - and no sitting! - involved. He walked in circles around the school room answering the questions, and it worked out just fine.



Then I asked him this question:

"What's $48 plus $16?"



He thought for a second, then said, "Let's see, fifty plus fifteen, then minus two and add one..$64."



It's no wonder he can't concentrate on the traditional methods for figuring out problems - his brain appears to be on a different wavelength altogether!

2 comments:

Jeffrey O'Rourke said...

Incredible! and hilarious!

Jenny said...

I'd do it the same way. LOL Future engineer, perhaps?