Monday, January 24, 2011

Look Out, Friendly Skies...

We are going back to South Carolina in two weeks to see my sister, who has been in South Korea for a year and is coming back for a visit. (We'll be visiting our other family there, too, of course!) We'll be flying down, which is a big first for the kids. We were going to keep the flying bit a secret until we got to the airport, but last night at dinner the kids were asking pointed questions about the trip, and it was just impossible to keep things under wraps, so we told them. Their responses were so funny, and so true to their personalities:

Aimee, coolly: "I knew that's what you were going to say. I knew it all along." After a few minutes, "Can I please go email Emily and tell her? Please, please, please?"

Drew: "I'm so excited I'm speechless! I"m so speechless I can't even tell you how speechless I am..." and on and on, in a state of anything but speechless. And later, "I'm just worried about airport security. Will I get in trouble because of these?" (opening his mouth and pointing to his dental crowns). He seemed disappointed when I told him that he'll pass through security just fine.

Ryan: "Will it be bumpy? [referring to turbulence] I'm worried about it being bumpy. You said sometimes the ride in an airplane is bumpy."

Chase, over all the din: "I'LL JUMP OUT OF THE PLANE, AND THERE WILL BE AN EAGLE FLYING NEXT TO US, AND I'LL JUMP ON IT AND FLY NEXT TO THE PLANE! AND THEN I'LL GET BACK IN THE PLANE AND I'LL DRIVE IT."

3 comments:

Let Love Grow said...

Awesome!! I love it!!! :-)

Hannah said...

Love it!! Your kiddos keep me in stitches.

Courtney said...

THAT is hilarious! Have a good time visiting!