Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter

Jesus is risen...He is risen, indeed!

That's the reality, of course, but as we were coming home last night from a flurry of Easter weekend visits to all our family in and around Rock Hill, Dave and I were both feeling a little jaded. "Let's be the boring ones, please," I sighed to Dave at one point, and he returned with smile, "Yeah, we can be the ones people have to ask about, rather than the ones they're talking about." I'm all for it! My family, hitherto regarded as pretty "normal" and stable (although admittedly, there were a slew of problems our members had to deal with privately over the years, for fear of disrupting that appearance of normal), is still being rocked by the tension and and unpleasantness of our parents' separation. And just when Dave's family was looking somewhat calm by comparison, his mom gave us warning before we arrived for Easter dinner that his sister and her husband are getting a divorce. While this was not necessarily shocking news, it wasn't something we were expecting, either, and we were less then pleased about having to have that discussion with the kids on the way to dinner - "By the way, guys, we just wanted to let you know that Uncle Rick won't be there this afternoon because he and Aunt Lisa aren't going to be married anymore..." It's becoming more difficult to reassure them about the future of their own parents, for certain.

We did have fairly good visits despite all that, although after collapsing in bed upon returning home and unloading sleeping children, we were glad it was all over!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having witnessed your situation from so far away, I still find myself in disbelief over all that has transpired. My heart is broken for you, your mom and your sisters. However, I have much hardness of heart towards your dad, whom, even after we have been away all these years, I still considered "my" pastor.
I guess my focus should be on that which is true and right - meaning our Savior who changes not.
To HIM be all honor and glory...
~rebbi~

Tracee said...

Sorry to hear the bad news. I wanted to say, you look like a little girl in your picture with teh boys! That is so cute!