Monday, March 17, 2008

Am I the Only One...

...to spend the entire grocery budget a good week and a half before the next payday? I'd like to think I can make it all last that long, but I know the truth.

...to lay down the law, then find myself actually unable to enforce it? I read Courney's great post about standing firm, but sometimes time itself just works against me, and that's frustrating. That post was encouraging, though, Courtney - thanks! It was a good reminder today at the library, when I stood my ground with one little three year-old who didn't take me very seriously at first.

...who gets nervous just thinking about going to the library, now that we're talking about it? Today's experience was okay, but even on this good outing, Ryan set off the alarm at the doors more than once - and seemed to take pleasure from doing it, of course.

...who LOVES her children, but can't wait for bedtime some days? :-) (Mothers of one don't comment - wait one or two more children, please!)

But do you know, I had a moment of weakness this afternoon and thought about number five. I pictured being pregnant - and then I remembered my last birth experience. In fact, my whole body remembered it, and I strengthened my resolve to wait until Chase is about three before considering another one. I celebrate my sister Sarah's new pregnancy, though, and will be praying for her already - her Isabelle will only be turning one this week!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

NO, you're not the only one to do ANY of those things (including thinking about whether to have another one even when it seems totally insane!)

Anonymous said...

Aahh yes. I remember a certain trip to the library when Timothy was around age 3. He proceeded to press the Alarm! button on the elevator, which brought all of the first floor staff running to our aid. Whenever I think of that time, I picture myself in a slow motion dive over to him yelling, "NNNNOOOOOOO......"
We can laugh about it now. :)

Jenny said...

You are definitely not the only one! Well, no more kids planned here, though...I have no idea how moms of more than two do it!