Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Waiting...

I am so exhausted this week. Chase has been cutting a tooth and has not been sleeping very well at all, so I have been in a fog. I have also suspected that in addition to the tooth, he might just be getting hungrier, and so I have tried offering him solid food again, which he has indeed consumed with a gusto not previously displayed. :-) Maybe that, as well as the pearly white of the new tooth at last gleaming just above his gum, will help improve our nights a little. Yesterday we had to get the house ready to show - a 5:00 showing, which is a the worst time for me (so hard to keep everything together all day), and made more difficult by the fact that I just wanted to get back to bed. :-) But we did it, and it seems the family who came really liked the house, and the realtor expects them to make an offer today. My heart skipped a beat when Dave called me and told me that, and it has done so every time the phone has rung today! In light of that, we have been searching almost frantically for houses to look at down there and have been on the phone on and off throughout the day. It would really help to get a realtor with more enthusiasm, though. When we were looking here, our realtor was so wonderful and treated us with as much respect and seriousness as if we didn't have the tiny budget we did, and with some creative thinking and diligent looking she found this house for us. Now we have a bigger budget, but the realtors we've talked to so far aren't very optimistic. I think it can be done, though, and while waiting for that fateful but long-awaited call for this house, I have been praying that God would lead us down the right paths to discover the right house for us - and that everything will fall into place once we find it.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Wow, Anne, that's wonderful and exciting! I really hope this comes through for you, as I've been praying your time of having to show the house will be shortened (having been there myself with only 2 kids, plus an advanced pregnancy!).

Also, re: Drew and the birthday. I can't believe what he said to you when you apologized to him! Good thing you wrote it down, so you can reread it when you're feeling down on yourself as a mom. Obviously you're doing something right with him; kids don't pull that kind of thing out of nowhere! Wow. How encouraging.

Jenny said...

I say get a new realtor! You deserve to be treated with respect no matter what your price range. Goodness knows there are plenty of realtors out there, judging by the number of unsolicited flyers I get in my mailbox weekly. ;)