Friday, September 21, 2007

The Things They Say!

Ryan has been more impish than usual, and he knows it, too. Today he was doing some jumps and leaps I was just overlooking because I was trying to read for History, but he began calling me. I paused at a break and asked him what he wanted. He jumped in what he thought was a daring way, and therefore one he thought - very likely hoped - I would dissaprove of, then coached, "You got to say, 'Ryan, you're crazy!'" (I guess I must say that alot!) I laughed and obliged, then he replied, "Mama, you're crazy!" He's probably right!

When I was feeling so bad earlier in the week, Drew offered one of his funny moments - I walked past him as he was getting settled in to go to sleep, and he said in his very loving way, "Mommy, you're so beautiful." He says this frequently, and it is so sweet - he's going to make a great husband. But this time, he added thoughtfully, "Well, halfway beautiful. The bottom half - maybe not the top half." I was wearing pink striped pajama bottoms, and pink makes a girl beautiful in his eyes. I had to agree, though that the top half of me was not looking so hot! His honesty is endearing, though, and he's offered it once before as well. A few weeks after I had Chase he started to give me the usual beautiful comment; I could hear it in his voice. "Mommy, if you would... take your glasses off...and fix your hair...and get dressed...you'd be so beautiful!"

Aimee's moments are delivered with her signature flair and spark. She was upset about something a few days ago and wanted to call and talk to Dave about it. She got his voicemail, at which she snapped the phone shut and exclaimed with great princess contempt, "His voicemail! Where is he when I absolutely need him?!" Okay, so maybe she has heard the queen say this once or twice before!

2 comments:

Tracee said...

How cute!!! Thanks for sharing! :)

Jenny said...

LOL! Love the quotes!