Thursday, March 19, 2009

Week 8...

We are on week 8 (I think) of Dave's working out of town. I wish it were going a little better, but we are all alive (mostly - I've had a cold all week, and now it seems some of the kids are getting it, too). Of course our days have been frightfully busy, but I just haven't had much time to put together enough coherent thoughts for a good post lately. Here's an interesting little nugget, however:

At breakfast I reminded Aimee about the no-reading-during-meals policy (except on Saturday morning - I'm not a complete tyrant!). She reminded (challenged) me that I often read aloud to them during meals. I replied, "Well, that's because I'm the mom."

Resigned but smiling -fortunately for her - she shot back, "A fact which you have now certified for the hundred-millionth time."

2 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL at Aimee's comment!

Week 8, huh? How many more to go?

Hannah said...

Oh! Too funny!