Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This Program is Brought to You By...

I love Veritas Press, a classical Christian education supplier. I can't afford all of their curriculum, but I love dreaming over their catalogs, I use their literature suggestions, and every once in awhile, I do buy something that I think I just must have. I did so several years ago when I purchased their Phonics Museum, which I have used with all the kids, and which has now produced our third reader. So here's some free advertising for you, Veritas Press!

I realize it's expensive, and probably not all of it is necessary, but it's been great for us. I will say that we don't do all the activities or worksheets - by now we just follow the general guideline, and do whichever sheets strike our fancy. That's pretty much what I do with all our curriculum by now, actually, and it seems to work out fine. Ryan, on minimal instruction and direction, is right about the same place as Aimee, who was on the opposite end of the spectrum (because I didn't know any better). Hooray for Ryan, and thank you, Phonics Musuem!

No comments: