Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Are You Going to Read All These?

Librarians who don't know us as well as most of them do sometimes pose this question to the kids when we're checking out. Of course the answer is yes, and it almost turns out to be true. So the kids did actually devour - more than once - "supplemental" Ancient Egypt books you see on the long list to the right. Some were more popular than others, but all in all, we've covered quite a bit of Ancient Egyptian history in the past few week, and all without much effort on my part. (Like, like, like.) I'm probably supposed to make them do more writing on it, and they would like to do some activities from the Story of the World activity book (a chicken mummy? I'm on the fence about this)...but we'll see.

2 comments:

lisa dunn said...

I remember the chicken mummy! It sounded cool, but there was no way on earth I was going to do it. Maybe next time around, I'll tell Geoff that he needs to be more involved in our children's education, and I have a great project for him to do with the kids. ;)

Hannah said...

Last time we did Ancient Egypt, we did the model Nile Valley activity from the SOTW activity book -- that was cool, and easier than mummifying a chicken.

We might be starting the ancients soon, too. Was looking at Amazon today and making that wishlist!