Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Belated Update

Oh my...I haven't been very faithful here at all! You probably aren't interested in my schedule, but I still feel I should explain that life has been more than busy these past few months (especially since emerging from that state of the walking dead of the first trimester). And then I should explain that I realize that many people carry around this kind of load on a regular basis (and probably do it ever so much better), but it seems ridiculously busy for me, who at times in my life have found the idea of leaving the house on consecutive days to be an appalling one, and even then, have struggled to go farther than a five-mile radius from home. I am not exaggerating - you could ask my husband and my erstwhile therapist. But I have had a most happy respite from virtually all my OCD symptoms and other anxieties for a little over a year now, which has opened the door for us all to have a more flourishing social and school calendar this year...which in turn has at times produced some whirlwind weeks. And months. This spring has been such that it's the first year I've really understood the sentiment of moms who can hardly wait for the end of the official school calendar. May sits tantalizingly close on the calendar, beckoning me with promises of rest.

But all this simply to say that after all the homeschool clubs, riding lessons, Girl Scouts, soccer practices and games, music lessons, church functions and responsibilities (oh yes, and school somewhere in there), I have little time (again, it seems for me) left to post here, which I am beginning to miss, whether anyone misses me or not! Requiring the most immediate attention is my promise to update on the baby's health, which was somewhat in question as of my last posting. I did put something on Facebook, but it didn't answer everything, because some of you have asked about it. Forgive me! At any rate, the ultrasound showed a very healthy, active little girl (and it would have been perfectly wonderful either way, but there were some happy tears upon that discovery, I do confess), in a healthy uterus, with a healthy amount of fluid. The cause for my rapid and somewhat excessive growth? She's a big baby! Measuring at about 2 pounds already (at 24 weeks), she already had delightful little fat rolls along her back at that point. Now, things have evened out a little, so we're not quite so over the top in measurements, but it seems pretty clear that we're not going to be looking at a six and half pounder, a la her big sister (who is tall now, but for whom the word "big" is in every other way rather inappropriate).

Children are beginning to wake up here, so I'll wrap this up, with promises to return soon, I hope!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I'm so glad things are well with the little one. I have sometimes wished for twins too. But, perhaps if I actually had twins I would think, "What was I thinking?" Who knows? Maybe one day.

Hannah said...

Anne! I have totally missed you. AND I had been wondering about baby news! So you haven't delivered yet ... but you found out you're having a girl! That's terrific! What fun for Aimee to have a real live doll to dress up and play with. :-)
Please keep us posted!