Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Drew!


At this time exactly 7 years ago, I was eating a baked potato from Outback (why do I always remember the meal from each birth so vividly?) and looking at my first baby boy. He was tired from a long day of labor, and so was I! Drew spent a much happier day today, playing with friends at his totally relaxed birthday party. Some of those friends he's known since he was a baby, and every once in awhile I would look at them and think about their much smaller selves, and all the growing up together that they've done.


Drew is smart - really, really smart, with a memory that blows our minds sometimes. He has one of the best laughs I've ever heard, and he loves with all of his being. He cares about even the smallest creature, and that's not exaggerating. At the same time, he is the most boy-ish kind of boy. We're so glad he's ours. Happy birthday, Drew!


No comments: