Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Definition of Frustration

Things that could make a person really, really frustrated:

Popcorn. I can't even think of anything else to say about that.

Dogs (strictly OUTSIDE dogs) who have developed a bad habit of coming inside whenever the back door is opened. And a two year-old who thinks it's delightful to open the door every 30 seconds. "Champ inside!"

A third-grader's sudden memory loss. "A verb? I don't know what a verb is." (Not as in, "I actually can't remember anything I've learned in 2 1/2 years of First Language Lessons and the almost daily drills of parts-of-speech definitions therein," but rather, "I'm not even going to process what you're saying to me. Must I even exert the energy to care?")

Seeing the abovementioned two year-old walk by with a handful of one's credit cards.

Still not being able to find some of those credit cards...

1 comment:

Hannah said...

You'd better watch your cc statements for large purchases from toyrus.com! :-)

Good comeback to Aimee: "Why yes, dear, that's brilliant! 'Forget' is indeed a verb! And so is 'strangle!'"
(OK, not that last part.)