Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Finis!

Even though it was slightly delayed and required an hour of our Saturday, we did reach the end of our school year! The kids have behaved as though I released them from jail, but in all honestly, I admit I share a good deal of their excitement and sense of freedom. I know we enjoyed learning together for the most part, so I won't take it personally that everyone is so glad to be done for now. This might be a good time for reflection on what we've learned this school year and for a re- affirmation of our philosophy and mission for our homeschool...however, I think I'll save that for the beginning of the next school year, which is scheduled for mid-July. For the time being I think I'll just revel in our school-free days myself, and look forward to the possibility of actually having a clean house again for a few weeks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DITTO!!! I seriously could have written every word of that post myself!

Hannah said...

Congratulations! If only the kids knew what it were like to REALLY be getting out of school, they'd have more perspective, LOL! Looking forward to hearing your reflections.

Jenny said...

Last day for me, too! Yay for summer break!!